It's Amazing the way the Lord Works
I was just reading Brittany's post and it reminded me of a story my sister Patty was telling the other day. One I heard before at her son's homecoming. Years ago, I introduced my sister to the book, James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl. I had been reading The Read-Aloud Handbook by Jim Trelease which I highly recommend to all mothers and grandmothers. Jim offers tips on reading aloud and then has a great list of books geared to different age levels. James and the Giant Peach was one of the books listed. I told Patty about the book and she read it to her children and they LOVED it.


Years later, Tyson went on his mission to California. He was teaching a family that was really receptive, except for the father. He would leave the room everytime the missionaries came over. One day, Tyson walked in the kitchen and found James and the Giant Peach sitting on the table. He picked it up exclaiming, "I love this book!" He told the family how it was one of his favorite books as a child. The little boy who was reading the book said it was one of his favorites too. The father realized these missionaries were real people and made a connection with Tyson. He started listening to the discussions and was baptised. All because I happened to mention a book to my sister years before. The Lord works in strange and mysterious ways.

2 Comments:
Wow that is an amazing story! Hey I thought you were changing your blog to private did you change your mind? send me an invite if you are still going to. Thanks for your comments! mophiesmama@msn.com
That is a great story! Books are amazing tools in more ways than we may ever know!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home