Monday, November 10, 2008

Stacy's Bike

Funny story...kind of sad though. Years ago, Stacy got a brand new bike for her birthday. Back then, we were really poor, so a brand new bike was a real treat. Stacy had the bike for only a week or two and it got stolen. I guess someone decided they needed a new bike for Christmas which was right around the corner. Stacy was heartbroken. We decided to have her sell Tony's Pizzas to earn a new one. She was very happy to have a new bike again. Yesterday, Stacy and I went to the park to take pictures for our new photography class. When we arrived, we saw this bike laying there. I said, "Look Stacy, it's your bike that got stolen years ago." Stacy took pictures of it, she even stood it up and took more pictures. I was half tempted to take it home with me, thinking, "Yay! We finally got her bike back." But how could we be sure it was her bike? We couldn't. I wouldn't want to be the one to make another little child cry by taking their bike. So of course, we left it there.
Today, we were showing our pictures to Tracy when he got home from work. We came to the bike pictures and said, "Look, Stacy's bike that got stolen." He asked if we had brought it home. I told him of course not, we didn't know for certain it was Stacy's bike. That was years ago. Then he told us that Stacy's second bike had been taken 2-3 weeks ago. He had gotten it down for Haeley to ride and it disappeared. We went back to the park, and it was still there. So we brought it home. Kind of sad that two bikes were stolen from Stacy, but kind of funny that here we were taking pictures of supposedly Stacy's stolen bike only to find out it really was Stacy's stolen bike.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home