Tuesday, November 18, 2008

My First Kiss and my Second

Okay, so I was going to write about my first kiss, but actually my first kiss (and my second, etc.) happened when I was in kindergarten. I know, I was boy crazy early on. I fell in love with Chris Riley. He was the cutest boy in my class. I don't remember the specifics, I just know that we used to kiss behind the filing cabinet in the classroom. At one of my first high school reunions, I found out a lot of the kids from that class remember doing the same thing. I wonder what our teacher thought. Chris eventually asked me to marry him and guess what I told him? I was actually a little more mature in kindergarten than I was when I was 14 I guess, because I remember my exact words, "No, I might find someone I like better when I grow up."

Okay, on to my second kiss (besides the second kiss with Chris.) This kiss is one I will remember all my life! You will never guess who this kiss was with! Eric! Can you believe it? My best friend didn't, which really hurt. We went to the Bay City Rollers concert - we had stayed in line all night (with my older brother as chaperone) to get front row tickets. We both had our favorites which we both knew we were going to marry someday. We both carried banners. Mine said "Mary Ann loves Eric." Nancy, my best friend, loved Derek at the time. Anyway, there were stupid roadies in front of the stage most of the night, but one time I saw a little break and rushed to the stage (not on the stage, just to the stage.) I reached up my hand, looking at Eric. He saw me and seemed to not really care. I said, "Please." He walked over, took my hand, then kind of twisted it around his as he bent down and kissed me on the lips! (I have to add that because when I told Stacy, she said, "What, on the cheek?") It was the perfect kiss! (Probably because he had lots of experience.) Nancy had rushed over to Woody and missed the whole thing! It was hard for me to get a drink of water from the drinking fountain afterwards, I didn't want to wash the kiss away.


The funny thing is, it wasn't too long after this that I decided I wasn't going to marry Eric after all. I think I realized that we were never going to formally meet and talk and get to know each other. But you know, I wouldn't trade that time of my life for anything! Nancy and I had a great friendship because of the Bay City Rollers. We talked about them, followed their lives, bought all the magazines, plastered our walls with pictures, watched them on the Midnight Special and just had a great time dreaming about our future life with them. I don't think I would have done any of those things if it hadn't been for Nancy. She knew how to be a fan and taught me well. She was such a fun friend. I remember laughing so hard one night at Nancy's house over some antic of Woody's that my sides ached. It was just a great time in my life, one that I'll always treasure.
It was such a great time, that I named my first son after the Bay City Rollers' lead singer, Les McKeown. Remember I told you I'd tell you the story of his name someday?

1 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Hahaha that is so funny!!! I didn't know you were that obsessed with them! haha

November 18, 2008 at 10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home