Saturday, May 16, 2009

Warning: Please keep all sharp objects hidden from Mary Ann

Since I have to type this with one hand, I'll keep this short. If you ever see me with scissors very nicely ask me to hand them over. I am no longer capable of handling them safely. I cut my thumb pretty good Thursday morning. I had a hard time stopping the bleeding. You'd think I would have learned my lesson, but no, that afternoon, I cut the tip of my ring finger off. I should have stopped and looked for the tip, but I was bleeding too bad. Tracy took me to InstaCare where the dr. asked for the tip. Valery tried to find it for me but she couldn't. She's so sweet. So, the dr. had to try to stitch it closed with 3 stitches. Stacy had to take Jace to his choir concert for us. We made it soon after the concert started. I was in such pain, I could hardly stand it. The dr. said my feeling would come back around bedtime...nope, try 10 minutes after we left his office. Well, my finger still felt numb but the pain was there. Valery texted me during the concert being witty and making me laugh. I am so grateful to her because it helped me take my mind off the pain a little. Shortly after we got home, Valery showed up at the door with a card and some Phish Food from Bart and her. Thanks!!!

Do not scroll down unless you want to see.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.



Stacy took this picture Friday in between bandage changes and right after I knocked it into the door jam!!! Owwwwwwwww!!!!

Who knew this would hurt soooo bad for so long! I hope it starts feeling good again soon!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kati said...

OWWWW! I am so sorry, Mary Ann - that just does not look fun at all! I hope you heal up quickly and feel better soon! :)

May 18, 2009 at 10:17 AM  
Blogger Kallie said...

All I can say is ouch, be careful when handling scissors in the future.

May 18, 2009 at 4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home