Thursday, April 23, 2009

Mary Higgins Clark

On Tuesday evening, I had the privilege of meeting Mary Higgins Clark and her daughter Carol. They answered questions for awhile, then signed books. My sister Jill and I went an hour early to get a good seat, maybe too good, because it took us awhile to get out of the auditorium and into the line for the book signing. While waiting in line for the event, Jill turned around and saw our other sister Danna, so we saved her a seat. Jill and I took pictures and Jill got Carol to autograph her book, since she was just sitting there at the time. She passed the book to her mom, so after awhile Jill decided to go home. I got in the book signing line with Danna. She had moved maybe one step. The line was so long, we didn't get our books signed until around 11:00 p.m. Oh well, it was a fun wait. I loved hearing Mary speak. She is so funny. Who would think that? Her books are so serious. She said that when she was young, she would get together with her friends and say, "Let's get a candle, turn out the lights and tell scary stories." She is the best mystery writer I know. I was a little sad to hear that she is 81. Hopefully she lives to be 181, so I can read her books for many more years to come.

Oh, and I guess you can tell I got my hair cut and colored.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mikael and Danyelle said...

Oh man that is awesome, I love her books! And man she looks good for 81!

April 23, 2009 at 10:16 PM  
Blogger Kati said...

That sounds so fun, Mary Ann! Glad you had a good time - and the hair looks GREAT! :)

April 24, 2009 at 10:07 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Oh wow I had no idea she was that old, she looks great!

April 24, 2009 at 10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home