The Verdict
I just got back from seeing Twilight. The verdict: Sorry to say it is not my new favorite chick flick. Give me Marcia Lynn McClure any day over Stephenie Meyer. Stacy liked the movie, but she agrees, Marcia's books are way better! It's too bad Hollywood hasn't discovered her.
Question about the movie: Did anyone picture the vampires that powdery white while they were reading the book? I thought they were supposed to blend in more.
I was talking to my sister and sister-in-law before I saw the movie. I wondered if it would pass all the box office records. Then my sister-in-law said that she though all the women would go see it with their friends, thus cutting out the male count. I hadn't thought about that, but I only saw a handful of men in the theater, including my honey.
When I bought the first couple of books, Tracy thought I was awful. He said Stacy and I should not be reading books about evil beings. Vampires are evil, period, they are of the devil. I reminded him that vampires are not real. When he asked me to put a "story" as he calls them on his ipod to listen to at work, I put on Twilight without telling him it was the "vampire" story. I asked him later how he liked it, he said it was okay so far. I said, "I thought you didn't like vampires." He said, "That's the vampire book, you tricked me?" Oh well, he listened to the rest of it and liked it okay. I haven't heard any vampire comments since then.
Question about the movie: Did anyone picture the vampires that powdery white while they were reading the book? I thought they were supposed to blend in more.
I was talking to my sister and sister-in-law before I saw the movie. I wondered if it would pass all the box office records. Then my sister-in-law said that she though all the women would go see it with their friends, thus cutting out the male count. I hadn't thought about that, but I only saw a handful of men in the theater, including my honey.
When I bought the first couple of books, Tracy thought I was awful. He said Stacy and I should not be reading books about evil beings. Vampires are evil, period, they are of the devil. I reminded him that vampires are not real. When he asked me to put a "story" as he calls them on his ipod to listen to at work, I put on Twilight without telling him it was the "vampire" story. I asked him later how he liked it, he said it was okay so far. I said, "I thought you didn't like vampires." He said, "That's the vampire book, you tricked me?" Oh well, he listened to the rest of it and liked it okay. I haven't heard any vampire comments since then.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home