Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Passing the Time

I'm grateful that I get to work with my sister Patty. She is such a great friend. I love being able to talk to her as we work. During poinsettia time, she picks the plants out, tags them and cleans them and I put the cover and sleeve on them and flat them up. We're a team and work side by side. Other times, we work close, but not close enough to talk. It's at these times that we don our headphones and listen to audio books. Sometimes we suggest the other listen to what we have listened to and then discuss the book. We loved such books as "The Book Thief," "To Kill a Mockingbird," "The Boy in the Striped Pajamas." I remember looking over at Patty as she was listening to "The Book Thief" and seeing tears streaming down her face. She looked over at me as I giggled listening to Brendan Fraser reading "The Dragon Rider." Books can make an otherwise tedious, boring task become bearable. I am so grateful for audio books that help me pass the time and for my wonderful sister Patty, one of my greatest friends.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thats awesome!

November 25, 2009 at 8:41 AM  
Blogger Andrea said...

What a beautiful memory of time spent with your sister. It's the good memories of my sister that get me through the tought times.

November 25, 2009 at 9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home