Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A Night Out

When Stacy and I heard that a girl from our ward was going to play the lead in the high school production of Pride and Prejudice, we knew we just had to go, since we both love Pride and Prejudice. I asked Stacy if we were going alone or inviting our husbands. She said the Scott was willing to go. Tracy said he didn't want to go but would.

Stacy called me up at work and invited us to dinner at her apartment before the play. Stacy is a wonderful cook so of course we took her up on it. When we got to the play, we sat in the second row since those seats looked a little more comfortable than the ones on the front row, plus a lot of the front row was saved. The seats were perfect until an enormous man sat right in front of me! I am not kidding. He was at least a foot taller than everyone else on the row.

Tracy did okay, after watching the different versions of Pride and Prejudice with me throughout the years, he knows what's going on. Scott thought it was terrible. Stacy reminded him that she had sat through a monster truck date with him. He said, "That was when we were dating." I'm still trying to decide what that means.

I thought the girl in our ward did a wonderful job. I also thought the girl who played Mrs. Bennett was a wonderful actor, and the boy playing Mr. Collins was hilarious. Jane was well Jane, and Lydia was very giggly. I thought it was pretty good though it did vary from the book a great deal and it was hard to understand some of the actors since they were speaking with a British accent too quickly. I also was extremely tired. That's what standing on your feet all day will do to you.

All in all it was an enjoyable evening. The men concurred that next time, Stacy and I might want to have a girl's night out. I do think the price of $8 a ticket was too high for a high school production, especially in the little theater. At that price, we should have left the men home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home