My Little Lion
With Halloween fast approaching, I thought of all the things that Brockton could be. I decided the perfect thing would be a lion since he is so great at growling. I was so pleased when Stephanie brought Brockton over to attend our ward's Trunk or Treat with us and had a lion costume in her hand. (Now Stephanie might be reading this and thinking, "I told her way in advance that I bought him a lion costume. And she probably did. That's how my memory is working these days.)
As I started to take pictures, I was thinking how Stacy was missing this, and how much she'd like to see Brockton in his costume. Just then the door opened and in she and Scott walked! She threw a football to Brockton and he threw it back, then held out his arms again, so I hurried a snapped his picture. Stacy then took the camera and proceeded to take the pictures, since I was using her flash and she knows how to use it a lot better than I do. I'm pretty sure she took the first picture, since the lighting is so great and I wanted to get his whole costume, while Stacy is the queen of zooming in.
After Stacy left, I decided to hurry and get a shot with Brockton and his pumpkin. He was done with pictures by then, so it wasn't the best shot, but hey, it will do.
We tried to get Brockton to eat at the Trunk or Treat dinner, but he would close his mouth and shake his head. Stephanie had warned me that he just wasn't acting right and thought he might be cutting his 2 year old molars. He did love drinking the root beer though.
When we were done, he sat in the car, pretending to drive while grandpa continued to give out candy. Later we went home and played. I tried to get him to eat some ice cream, thinking that would be easy on his teeth, but he pulled a horrified face after the first bite and only ate another bite or two, before he refused to eat anymore. I later asked his parents how he was doing and they said he cut two teeth and was feeling better.
As I started to take pictures, I was thinking how Stacy was missing this, and how much she'd like to see Brockton in his costume. Just then the door opened and in she and Scott walked! She threw a football to Brockton and he threw it back, then held out his arms again, so I hurried a snapped his picture. Stacy then took the camera and proceeded to take the pictures, since I was using her flash and she knows how to use it a lot better than I do. I'm pretty sure she took the first picture, since the lighting is so great and I wanted to get his whole costume, while Stacy is the queen of zooming in.
After Stacy left, I decided to hurry and get a shot with Brockton and his pumpkin. He was done with pictures by then, so it wasn't the best shot, but hey, it will do.
We tried to get Brockton to eat at the Trunk or Treat dinner, but he would close his mouth and shake his head. Stephanie had warned me that he just wasn't acting right and thought he might be cutting his 2 year old molars. He did love drinking the root beer though.He was a happy kid and had a lot of fun otherwise. His parents had taught him how to say "Trick or Treat" but he didn't have to say it, the candy was just given out. He loved it when he could reach in a bowl and pick out his own candy.
When we were done, he sat in the car, pretending to drive while grandpa continued to give out candy. Later we went home and played. I tried to get him to eat some ice cream, thinking that would be easy on his teeth, but he pulled a horrified face after the first bite and only ate another bite or two, before he refused to eat anymore. I later asked his parents how he was doing and they said he cut two teeth and was feeling better.

2 Comments:
Cute pictures of your adorable grandson!
He is such a cutie! And growing up SO fast. Tell Cody to make him slow down a little will you :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home