Sunday, August 9, 2009

Marcia's Meet and Greet

Last night was Marcia's annual meet and greet in Layton. I LOVE going to these as Marcia is such a nice person and so fun to be around. It's also a great way to get her books at a discounted price and without having to pay shipping. Last night we got there a little late and some of her books were sold out thanks to the HUGE crowd at Orem the night before. If you haven't read Marcia's books, check them out at the local library. Her name is Marcia Lynn McClure, pronounced Mar-see-uh. She is the BEST clean romance writer around. She is LDS but doesn't include religion in her books. I like that, sometimes I get tired of the preaching in some of the novels I read. It seems those authors are trying to explain things to non-LDS readers. I have lent "The Heavenly Surrender" out to so many people it fell apart and I had to get it spiral bound. If you would like to borrow it, just let me know. It is on loan right now though, so there would be a little wait.

My niece Brooke, my sister Jill, Marcia, Stacy and me. Picture by Anna.
Jace decided to come along when I suggested that maybe Anna (his girlfriend) would like to meet Marcia, even though she hasn't read any of her books yet. I lent her my spiral bound copy of "The Heavenly Surrender" last night. There was a wait in line and when we called Jace and Anna over from the playground to come take pictures, Jace complained that it had taken so long right in front of Marcia. I told him to shush and Marcia said she was sorry. You see Marcia is so nice, she loves to meet and talk to each of her fans as she is signing the books. When Marcia jumped up to go around the table to take her picture with the ladies in front of us, she impulsively grabbed Jace and gave him a big hug. Missed photo-op. It was great. Jace was a little surprised. He did say afterwards that she was a fun lady. Here's Jace in a picture that Anna took. I'm sure it's just a picture of Jace acting silly as he sometimes does, but it seems like he's inviting another hug, saying "I love you this much," or "It's a great day!"

Jace took this picture of Anna. These photos were all taken with my old Canon Rebel which I let Anna borrow since she loves photography, and her point and shoot got ruined on her trip to Disneyland.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home