Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Last Day!!!


Well, today is the last day of Jarvie's Awesome Game. I have gone from first place to way down the list I think. Life has been so crazy working every day and trying to get Stacy's wedding together. Stacy and I worked on her announcements only to have the power go out and have all our efforts disappear!!! Well, I saved my efforts, but she didn't save hers, so she's going to have to start over from the middle. We need to get them sent off tomorrow!!! We also need to do Bridals tomorrow. But, I do need to make a last ditch effort to win Jarvie's game.

Scott is really a great guy and is so willing to help new photographers learn the craft. He has been so willing to open up numerous assistant jobs during the game to give more people a chance to work with him and learn from his expertise. I enjoyed working with Scott and his happy-go-lucky attitude. He really put the bride, groom and all the wedding party at ease. I thought I would only be assisting him with lights and reflectors, but he allowed me to take pictures too. If I was doing something wrong, he would ask me why I was doing it that way and then tell me why he did it a different way, like on my candids. I had my aperature up to about f 5.6 or so to get both the bride and groom in focus. He told me that candids are best at f 2.8 or 3.2 and that it didn't matter that they weren't both in focus, that was the beauty of candids.

It was interesting to see his light setup. I would love to learn more about that. I don't have a flash yet and have to borrow Stacy's. He was always on the move, always watching what was going on, looking for the next great picture. If he saw someone like the videographer setting up a pose and he liked it, he would rush over there and capture it himself.

Scott has a great blog where he gives great tips to fellow photographers. Check it out here. You can also view his work here.

Wish me luck!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Autumn said...

I feel terrible for not knowing until now that STACEY IS GETTING MARRIED! Congrats to her!

August 4, 2009 at 11:59 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

What a cool game you have been playing.
I hate it when the power goes out and you loose everything. I hope that you guys are able to put it back together easily.
Also, let me know if you want a certain carriage in her bridals!

August 5, 2009 at 9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home