Monday, June 8, 2009

Too Scary!!!

I found out today about an incident that happened to my dad on Saturday at the Garden Center. He was driving away to go home when he spotted a pot that had blown out into the parking lot. He drove over to it, opened his door, undid his seat belt and reached out to get it. I don't know what happened, but he ended falling out, caught in the seat belt harness. Since his foot was now off the brake, the truck started rolling dragging him with it. He finally got loose, but had to hurry and flip his body out of the way before the back of the truck ran over him. My brother saw it happen and went running after him. He thought for sure he had been run over. My dad jumped up though and started after his truck. Bart told him to let it go. It broke through the fence and went into the field a short ways before coming to a stop in the tall grass. I am so thankful his guardian angels were on hand. He's pretty skinned up and has a huge bruise on his arm, but he was back out to the Garden Center today (after golfing.) I love you Dad!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jana and Family said...

Glad he is ok! That would scare me too death! I wouldn't have been able to watch it happen. Wow! Thank goodness for huge blessing and yes angels!

June 9, 2009 at 10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home