Thursday, November 5, 2009

A Brown Paper Bag


Who would know what the crinkling of a brown paper bag could do? It's funny how certain sights or sounds can trigger an emotion from a memory long ago. Whenever I hear the crinkling of a brown paper bag, I am filled with delight and anticipation. When I was in first grade, my teacher would place an object in a brown grocery sack. She would then give us clues and ask us what we thought was in the bag. As each person guessed, she would carefully unroll the top of the bag and peek inside. If the answer was no, she would then re-roll the top and give us another clue. This continued until someone guessed the right answer and she would pull the object out of the bag. The rolling and unrolling, the crinkling, the guessing, all lead to the wonderful anticipation of seeing what wonderful surprise that brown paper bag held.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home