Thanksgiving and Pies
Stephanie made her first pie today. Yea Stephanie! She said it was kind of hard getting the crust just right without tearing. I know what she means! I am the worst pie maker in the whole wide world! I have had more than my share of frustrating moments making pie crust every Thanksgiving for years! I always make lemon meringue pie too and that's even worse, trying to get the pie crust not to bubble after I finally get it into the pan! Anyway, I decided to save myself the trouble this year and bought some frozen Marie Callender's pies. I just love her lemon meringue pie! I know everyone associates Thanksgiving with pumpkin pie (I bought one of those too) but for me, it would not be Thanksgiving without lemon meringue!

This will be the first year that we will have Thanksgiving dinner at our house! We have always shared it with my family or Tracy's, but Tracy's parents are on a mission, and my parents are going to my brother's house. Marinda's going to work - she wants the time and a half, so it will just be Tracy, me, Stacy and Jace, plus Dallan and Kristin and maybe Cody, Stephanie and Brockton. They want to have their own Thanksgiving dinner at their house. It's always fun to have your own turkey and leftovers. Dallan hasn't been home for Thanksgiving for about 5 years, so that will be great.

This will be the first year that we will have Thanksgiving dinner at our house! We have always shared it with my family or Tracy's, but Tracy's parents are on a mission, and my parents are going to my brother's house. Marinda's going to work - she wants the time and a half, so it will just be Tracy, me, Stacy and Jace, plus Dallan and Kristin and maybe Cody, Stephanie and Brockton. They want to have their own Thanksgiving dinner at their house. It's always fun to have your own turkey and leftovers. Dallan hasn't been home for Thanksgiving for about 5 years, so that will be great.
Here's wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home