Birthday Fun
I have had a lot of fun the last couple of days. It helped me get out of my birthday funk. Marinda took me to lunch at Subway yesterday, then Cody, Stephanie, Brockton, Stacy and Scott took me to dinner at Texas Roadhouse. It was so yummy and we had a great time. It was someone's birthday and the servers did some sort of thing to celebrate it. The kids asked if I would be embarrassed if they did that to me, I told them if I got free dessert out of it, I wouldn't mind. Well, when they brought out a saddle for me to sit on, I changed my mind, but by then it was too late. Then they asked me how old I was. We told them 28. Brockton kept peeking over the booth to the hostesses behind us. Then he'd duck back down just giggling. Cody told him to say, "What's going on ladies?" He said no and giggled some more as he popped up to peek at them again. After awhile, he did say it, over and over and over again. He's so silly!
My sister Patty made me a Lemon Meringue pie to eat with lunch today at work. She's always so sweet like that, making some kind of treat for me when I have to work on my birthday. We spent most of the day doing up poinsettias (getting them ready to be shipped - putting on pot covers and sleeves and putting them in flats.)
Stacy invited me out to see the movie Tangled tonight. Tracy and Jace came along. It was a fun movie! I was a little leery when they started singing every 5 minutes, but it turned out to be really good. I even shed a tear or two and laughed a lot. Maximus the horse reminds me of Hallie.
Then back home for ice cream cake!

1 Comments:
Sounds like a fun day! We loved the Tangled movie. And lemon meringue is one of my faves. Lucky you! :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home