A Day with Brockton
Brockton came to visit while his parents went to a movie. He enjoyed his time by watering all the plants in the front yard, plus even tried watering the plants (weeds) in the window well. He tried to fix the tree his dad broke the other day. Next we went out to the garden and did a little watering out there. Then he decided he wanted to pick some raspberries. I would pick a handful and he would stuff them all into his mouth declaring that he loved raspberries. We went to see the baby horse and its mommy. The neighbors were driving their truck to the back, so we got out of the way and went to see the cows instead. There were only 2, too far away to really see. He suggested we go see the goats, but that would take a long walk, or a drive in the car. We went back to the garden and picked some corn, then went in the house to cook it. He ate all the corn off his cob. He loved it. I had him sustain the General Authorities when conference started. When I sat down in a chair in the family room, he came up to me and asked me if we could go to church. He played with play dough and his cars. Before we knew it, his parents came to take him home, with promises to bring him back that night while they worked.
When Brockton came back, we headed to Ladies Night Out at Deseret Book. First, we stopped to pick up Stacy. On the way, Stacy was telling me about how naughty her kittens had been and how she wanted to shoot them. Brockton perked up and asked her what she wanted to do to her kittens. Stacy said, "Oh, oh," and then said she wanted to love them.
We came to a sort of traffic jam and Brockton told us the road was broken and we needed to go on a different road. I told him we were stuck. Stacy thought he must have seen a crack in the asphalt, I told her I thought he must think they were doing road construction and that is why the traffic was stopped. When the traffic started moving more freely, he said the road wasn't broken anymore.
Marinda met us at Deseret Book. She took Brockton for rides in his stroller. Then she found a corner to park and sit. She found Brockton a Cars book with holograms. He liked it for a little while. I went to talk to Josi Kilpack and when I came back, Marinda told me to ask Brockton which hand he was hiding a small bouncy ball in. He held out the hand with the ball and told me to guess. The other hand was still at his side. I chose it. He told me to pick the hand he was holding out. When it was my turn to hide the ball, if he chose the wrong hand he would immediately choose the right hand and raise his arms in triumph.
He's too cute and we all had a great time with him.
When Brockton came back, we headed to Ladies Night Out at Deseret Book. First, we stopped to pick up Stacy. On the way, Stacy was telling me about how naughty her kittens had been and how she wanted to shoot them. Brockton perked up and asked her what she wanted to do to her kittens. Stacy said, "Oh, oh," and then said she wanted to love them.
We came to a sort of traffic jam and Brockton told us the road was broken and we needed to go on a different road. I told him we were stuck. Stacy thought he must have seen a crack in the asphalt, I told her I thought he must think they were doing road construction and that is why the traffic was stopped. When the traffic started moving more freely, he said the road wasn't broken anymore.
Marinda met us at Deseret Book. She took Brockton for rides in his stroller. Then she found a corner to park and sit. She found Brockton a Cars book with holograms. He liked it for a little while. I went to talk to Josi Kilpack and when I came back, Marinda told me to ask Brockton which hand he was hiding a small bouncy ball in. He held out the hand with the ball and told me to guess. The other hand was still at his side. I chose it. He told me to pick the hand he was holding out. When it was my turn to hide the ball, if he chose the wrong hand he would immediately choose the right hand and raise his arms in triumph.
He's too cute and we all had a great time with him.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home