Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I Speak Normal

Yesterday I was subbing Kindergarten and had to pass out a note for the kids to take home to their parents. There were two versions of the note, one in English and one in Spanish (with English on the back). I asked the kids who needed English and who needed Spanish. I thought I knew pretty well, but wanted to make sure. A conversation ensued of things like, "My dad can speak Spanish," and "My brother can speak Spanish." There were a few notes to pass out, so I put them on the table and then helped the children pick the right ones. I had a few students who were very concerned. They told me that their parents did not speak Spanish or English, their parents spoke normal. I tried to explain that what they thought was normal, was actually English. They didn't understand. One said, "No, my parents speak normal...like you."

9 Comments:

Blogger Mikael and Danyelle said...

Haha! That is great! Thanks for sharing that, I seriously laughed out loud!

January 29, 2009 at 9:03 AM  
Blogger Kati said...

Aren't kids the greatest! Thanks for making me smile!

January 29, 2009 at 9:13 AM  
Blogger Widdisons said...

We have a baby blessing on Sunday we are going to so we won't make it to our ward. I will have to try to stop by sometime before the end of February.

January 29, 2009 at 7:56 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

That's so funny. Cody and I were both cracking up!

January 31, 2009 at 2:04 PM  
Blogger Jana and Family said...

That is so funny! Kids just say it like they think it is. Hey....sounds like me! I knew I had never really grown up!

February 1, 2009 at 1:18 AM  
Blogger Mikael and Danyelle said...

Steph was telling me about this website you found that you can have photos made into canvas pictures, would you ind telling me that website? Thanks!

February 3, 2009 at 6:34 PM  
Blogger Mikael and Danyelle said...

Thank you! I am excited for that! Photoshop is fun, we are still trying to figure it out though, it might take awhile, haha! Well have a good day!

February 4, 2009 at 9:13 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

oh sorry, but to get the cheese so cheap I had to buy coupons off ebay. so i guess it ended up being more like .59 after the price of the coupon was added. haha sorry!

February 5, 2009 at 12:28 PM  
Blogger Autumn said...

That's so funny! My kids are convinced they can speak speak Spanish. One time Natti came up to me and said "Mom I can speak Spanish! Listen...Meow."

February 7, 2009 at 3:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home