Day 20
I got up early to transfer Jace from one school to another. He is now back to his original and correct school. I went and checked him out of the other school yesterday, and checked him back into his real school this morning. It took forever! The office was swarming with kids wanting to see the counselors. It was a VERY long wait. I sent Jace to wait in line for the counselor, then found out it was going to be a long wait because the secretary couldn't get through to the person at the District who had to put him back in the system. I told Jace to go wait back in line but the secretary told me there was no need, she would go tell the counselor we were there and make an appointment for us. I figured that meant we were next. Well, after waiting for at least half an hour, Jace proclaimed it must be because of the boy who was in the counselor's office when he had been in line must be getting all F's. He proceeded to tell me that this boy was in his math class last year and that he had hardly ever come. He told me the boy's name, someone from our old ward. He then proceeded to tell me that the boy was weird now. He acted like a cowboy. I asked how old the boy was and Jace said he was a senior. I said, "No way. I thought he was younger than you." I saw a heavy boy come out of the counselor area and said, "He hasn't gained weight has he?" Jace said no. Then I looked over kitty corner to us not too far away and said, "Isn't that him?" Jace turned pale. It was indeed. He was so embarrassed. We both got the giggles. Hopefully he didn't hear us, but we're pretty sure he did since we had said his name a few times when I was asking how old he was and commenting on how I could only remember him as the little kid I once knew. Jace said that's what he got for talking about someone behind their back. I told him I had learned that, but I guess not well enough.
Anyway, here's my picture of the day. I'm cheating a bit as I took this on Sunday.
Anyway, here's my picture of the day. I'm cheating a bit as I took this on Sunday.

2 Comments:
I LOVE this picture!
Are you going to do a blog post every day for the year? Is that why you are posting "Day 20"?
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home