Sunday, November 29, 2009

An Outing with Brockton

Brockton is such a cute kid. We took him with us up to Fifield's homecoming. He sat next to some poinsettias we were taking up there. Let's just say one poinsettia got picked on. Poor thing. Brockton loved seeing all the horses along the way. We sang, asked him what different animals and people say and played peek a boo with the monkey puppet.

I asked Cody to pack a diaper bag full of toys to entertain Brockton at church, which he did, but then sent the wrong bag with us. So we had to entertain Brockton with two little cars, a little bit of goldfish to eat, his sippy cup and my iphone. We have "The Wheels on the Bus" which Brockton loves to play with. (It's interactive.) I turned off the sound, so we wouldn't disrupt the meeting. Brockton would shake it and turn it over and pronounce that it was "broke."

At Fifield's he wanted to explore, so I had to follow him around. Gracie was running around and around a pole in the middle of the room. When she was done, Brockton decided to try it. He had also seen her get dizzy and run into the pole and fall down. So he'd purposely run into things and fall down. We ate, then I took him into the spare bedroom, computer room to play. Too bad there wasn't much in the way of toys in there. We found a piece of paper and a pencil and drew pictures. He ran around the pole in there, climbed on the desk and played with the lamp turning it on and off. It was kind of lonesome in there, but we weren't missed. I'm glad he was there to keep me company. He's such a sweet boy. So cute. So smart. So loving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home