Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The Rest of the Story

I talked to some of my kids and they said it was okay with them if I wanted to post what was happening on my blog. On Monday I got a phone call from my ex-husband's second ex-wife. She asked if I had heard from my son McKeown. I told her that he told me that we were dead to him since I couldn't afford to loan him $250 in January. She asked if I had heard about what was going on with Kerry (my ex) and I said no, thinking she must mean that he had lost his job (again.) I was not prepared for the news at all. She said that he had been sent to PRISON for embezzling $230,000. I didn't know what to think, though I can't say I was totally surprised.

I had learned throughout my marriage that he could be very dishonest. He had tried embezzling from my parents when he worked for them. They fired him and paid for some counseling and encouraged me to stay with him, which I did for about 10 more years. He stole his brother's credit card twice and charged it up to $4000 each time. He loved to gamble. The list goes on and on. My relationship ended with him when I found out he was cheating on me, and that it wasn't the first time. I also found out that he had stolen the kids' savings bonds and cashed them in to pay for hotel rooms for his little lunchtime trysts. I kicked him out even though I was 2 months pregnant with Jace. We had been married almost 13 years. He met his second wife a few months later and they were married soon after. He was married to her for almost 13 years also. I thought that must be his limit. His new wife is 31 or 32 I believe. He is 47. I figure she was about 2 or 3 when we got married. She was an affair he had while he was married to wife number 2.

I heard a couple of years ago, that most of the jobs that he has lost over the years have been lost because he has embezzled. I have wondered why no one has prosecuted him. I guess his luck finally ran out. He was sentenced to prison for 1-5 years. The story he told his wife and one of my children was different than what I had heard. I wondered what the real truth was. But the more I thought about it, his story didn't ring true. Hadn't I learned he couldn't be trusted? I asked a reliable source and found that he was indeed convicted of theft by deceit and ordered to make restitution of $233,000.

I hope that he will find the time to reflect on all his actions over the course of his life and finally learn something from them. Hopefully this will make him a better person. In the meantime, I have now lost my child support. Dang him! I am tired of paying for his bad choices!

I have to have faith that all will work out. I read the following quote years ago in the Ensign by a woman with cancer:

"The Lord is perfect. His plan for me is perfect, and I know that He loves me."

6 Comments:

Blogger Widdisons said...

Mary Ann,
I love you blog!
I have a favor to ask of you. I was wondering if you still had the website for the conference bingo and games or if you know where I could find it.
Thanks,
Jodi

March 5, 2009 at 9:10 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

Wow! That is not news you hear everyday. I am so glad that you are where you are now. I am ver impressed by your kindness and faith.

March 5, 2009 at 9:50 AM  
Blogger Kati said...

I agree wholeheartedly with your quote. The trick is trying to live with that attitude in the middle of the craziness! :) You are an amazing woman - hang in there and know that you have friends who love you.

March 5, 2009 at 10:45 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I'm not gonna lie, I'm a little shocked you posted that... I'm gonna still hang on to the hope that there is always another side of the story... but maybe now he will learn from his mistakes, or that's all i can hope for.

March 5, 2009 at 12:28 PM  
Blogger Sarah Jackman said...

I am so sorry - I hope your kids will be ok - I can't imagine it's easy to see your father go to jail. If there is anything I can do please let me know!

March 9, 2009 at 4:08 PM  
Blogger Jana and Family said...

WOW! I really don't think I have any advise that you haven't already been given, so I will just say if you need anything, even if it is just to go get a Jamba Juice :) and vent, let me know.

March 9, 2009 at 6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home