Sunday, September 14, 2008

Last Saturday was our family reunion for my dad's side of the family. It was held at the park. When we drove up, there were tons of cars. We were lucky to find a parking space. As we walked toward the pavillion, we saw my cousin Steve sitting all alone on a table. I asked him where everyone else was. He said that we were the first to come, that all the cars were for football games. People started arriving about an hour later at noon. We had a pretty good turnout. Here's one of my favorite pictures of the day:

This is my dad with Uncle Allen. Allen is just a little older than dad, but he had a stroke years ago. When I see Uncle Allen, he always seems to have a smile on his face. My dad is a wonderful father. He is always there for me and my family. When I was divorced, he taught Cody how to play baseball. Later, he took Cody fishing and even taught him how to clean fish. My kids adore their Grandpa.

This is my mom. She doesn't like to have her picture taken, so Tracy caught her when she wasn't looking. My mom is my hero. She is such a loving, giving person. She is always willing to help out. She has been canning up a storm, helping my sisters, sister-in-laws and me.
This is my Aunt Faye. We celebrated her 90th birthday at the reunion. Her family also had a little get together for her birthday yesterday, but I totally spaced it. I feel so bad. I remembered it earlier in the morning, but by afternoon, I totally forgot. It's a good thing I gave her a birthday card at the reunion. Marinda picked it out. I loved it! It was one of those talking ones. It said something like, "Old, you're not old. There are lots of things older than you. Like Redwood Trees...Rocks...even some planets. And Napoleon. Next to Napoleon you're like an infant...a baby. (Imitating baby's cry.)

This is my Aunt Lucille. She's a couple of years younger than Faye. She is Faye's first memory. Faye remembers when the doctor came to her house, went in the bedroom and came out and told her she had a new baby sister. Faye asked him where he got her. He said he had got her out of his little black bag. Faye told him her new baby sister was too big for the bag. Faye and Lucille are great friends. Whenever I see them while I'm shopping, they are always together.

My dad with his brothers and sisters. Back row left to right is Uncle Cal, Dad and Uncle LJ. Front row left to right is Aunt Faye, Uncle Allen and Aunt Lucille. Maybe if you look closely you can see Uncle Donald and Uncle Glen. Maybe even Grandpa and Grandma.

Here's the brothers and sisters with their spouses. My sister Paulette told them to act goofy. Aunt Faye's really the only one who listened. Now you know why I thought she wouldn't mind that card. Back Row: Uncle Donald (Faye's husband), Aunt Dorothy (Cal's wife), Uncle Cal, Aunt Lucille, Uncle LJ with his wife Aunt Itha, Dad and Mom. Front row: Aunt Faye, Uncle Allen and his wife Aunt Joyce. I have always called them by Aunt and Uncle. Just like I called my neighbors Mr. and Mrs. My niece's and nephews and my neighbor kids just call me by my first name. Times have changed. I like it this way.

My oldest sister Danna with some of her family. Danna is the one in the white shirt in the middle.

My brother David with his family.

My sister Paulette, Me, Judy (David's wife) and David.

My brother Bart with his wife Valery, his daughter Nikki and her husband Mitch.

Valery and Nikki

My family. Those of us that were there. Left to right: Tracy, Marinda, Stacy, Me, Jace, Cody, Stephanie with Brockton.

Cody, Stephanie and Brockton

Stacy and Brockton

Brockton with me

Brockton with Tracy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home