Monday, September 29, 2008

I Love Chick Flicks

I do, I love them. Though I must say, there are only a few really great ones that I can watch over and over and never get tired of. I was really excited when I saw the trailer for Nights in Rodanthe and hoped it would be a good one. Nicholas Sparks has a reputation for sad endings and I don't like sad endings. The Notebook wasn't too sad, so I thought there was hope. I went today with Stacy and my sister, Jill. (If you don't want to know if it was sad or not, skip the rest of this section.) When it started to look dire, Jill turned to me and said something to the tune that if this movie ended sad, she was never going to watch another Nicholas Sparks' movie. The lady in front of us started sobbing and sniffing and wiping her nose. I tried not to cry, I really did. I was thinking the same thing as Jill, so I was so mad at first I didn't feel like crying, but then it just got to me. Stacy told me, "This is really depressing." After awhile she asked for a kleenex. After it was over Stacy said, "That was dumb." I agree. Okay, so life is not always great and wonderful, but that's why I go to a movie, to escape life for just a little while. I guess if all I watched were sad movies like this then I would think my life was pretty great. But still, give me a happy ending and a wonderful chick flick, one that can go on my list of favorites. Unfortunately this one will not. I love her haircut though. I kept wishing I had thick hair that would actually look this great.

Saturday was my son McKeown's birthday, so we went to see the movie Eagle Eye, because Jace said it was really good. I wanted to go see Nights in Rodanthe that day, but decided that I'd see a "guy" flick for my son's sake. I really liked it! It was very intense and kept me on the edge of my seat. Funny, the movie I thought I'd really like, I didn't, and the the movie I thought I wouldn't like I did.
Here's a photo of McKeown. He's my oldest child. He lives in Salt Lake, but travels quite a bit with his job. Now you may be asking how you say his name on why on earth I would name him that. Well, it's pronounced Muh-Q-un but the story is too long to tell now. I'll save it for another day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home