Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Day

I got a cold the week before Christmas. It wiped me out for a couple of days. Then I think I ate something that didn't agree with me, because I felt nauseous for another couple of days. I did not feel well at all on Christmas Eve. It was all I could do to get the shopping done and get the house cleaned with help from Stacy and Tracy. I went to bed, not caring if presents were wrapped. Tracy and I wrapped them Christmas morning. See the wrapping paper still out behind Cody?

One of my kids' favorite presents to get on Christmas is The Guinness Book of World Records and Ripley's Believe it or Not. They love to look at all the weird things out there in the world. Here are Cody and Jace perusing them.

Jace loves these Oatmeal Creme Pies and was excited to get a box from Santa.

Marinda opened this gift to the whole family. When I saw it at the store, I thought it looked a little like Pit, so I bought it. Tracy thought I was crazy. We played this game for a long time! It's not like Pit, but it is a lot of fun. Cody won most of the games. He is very competitive and now I see why Stacy wanted to slap him when she played Slap the Penguin with him when they were little. I could have won a fortune if I had only video-taped those two back then.

Tracy's kids came over for a little bit, but I was running around, trying to figure out where I had put the gift card for my mom. I thought it was in my purse, didn't realize I had taken it out and put it in a "safe" place. Dang those safe places.

We went over to my parent's house for Christmas Dinner and enjoyed talking with other visiting family members. Then, we headed back home and prepared to go down to Dallan's house. He invited us over for dinner too. I told him it was getting stormy, but he said it was barely raining in SL, so off we went.

Here's my three oldest, posing for who is going to be the biggest loser this year...weight wise I hope.
We had a great time, but it snowed like crazy and the roads were horrible on the way home!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home